Compassion fatigue can affect any caregiver, and can cause spiritual, emotional and physical exhaustion. On Saturday, September 22nd from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., join us for a seminar on this important topic, led by Karen Hill, a certified compassion fatigue educator and therapist. Lunch will be provided. Please sign up on the sheet on the doors of the church hall.
In this interactive one-day workshop you will:
- Learn the difference between burnout and compassion fatigue
- Learn the difference between empathy and compassion
- Recognize warning signs and symptoms
- Participate in reflective, creative and interactive exercises
- Re-evaluate your work/life balance
- Practice individual and team stress-reduction techniques
Karen Hill is certified as an Adult and Compassion Fatigue Educator/Therapist. Trained in ‘Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion’ and ‘Mindfulness and Compassion for Healthcare/ End of Life Professionals’, she has dedicated her career to the promotion of conscious living and dying. Licensed in Holistic and Complementary Care for over 20 years, Karen has a private practice and works in the City of Toronto’s Long Term Care Homes and Services for residents living with dementia and those entering their final stages of life.
To learn more about Compassion Fatigue, please visit compassionfatiguetoronto.com.