This full-time position plays a key role in the day to day running and management of many aspects of the life and work of Knox. As a vital member of the ministry team, the Church Administrator serves as the initial point of contact for all inquiries, supports the church’s day-to-day operations, maintains bookings, and ensures a smooth and well-organized office environment. The Church Administrator also provides regular logistical support to the Minister and other ministry team members.
Essential Requirements/Characteristics for this position are:
- Fluency in spoken & written English
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Intuitive – has a great sense on priority and thinking ahead
- Efficient Systems’ thinker
- Accuracy and creativity
- Gifted administrator
- Self starter
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a great team player
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines in multitasking environment
- Demonstrates diplomacy, initiative, good judgment, tact, courtesy and discretion
- Computer literacy (knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs) – experience with donor databases, WordPress, MailChimp, and social media management would be assets
- Initiative and strong organizational skills
- Teachability & confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in office administration, communications or a related field, with no less than three years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accounting experience a bonus
- Knowledge of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, its ethos and its terminology.
- Above all, this important role requires an individual who loves Jesus Christ and has a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your resume AND a cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Church Administrator 2018” in the subject line.
Deadline for submissions is April 22, 2018.
We are sorry, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.