Developing Empowered and Loving Disciples of Christ
We will be a church that is a vibrant, outgoing witness to Christ. Through commitment to God, His teachings and concern for all people, we will be a congregation that acts on what we say and believe. We will be a church committed to sharing and caring for each other and those in our community and world. We will grow in faith as individuals and as a congregation through prayer, study, service, worship and fellowship. We will invoke the power of the Holy Spirit to strengthen and guide His church.
Knox believes in accountable, empowered ministry. Each person is accountable for his or her ministry to:
- the Lord Jesus Christ
- the person(s) they minister to him or herself
- other persons with whom they share ministry
- the Session and congregation of Knox
- We value our belief in the Holy Trinity, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.
- We value our mission to make disciples for Jesus Christ and to minister to the needs of people.
- We value opportunities to strengthen our faith, and the faith of others, as a church body, in small groups and as individuals.
- We value people and their equality in the eyes of the Lord, providing powerful and effective ministry to each generation, from each generation.
- We value the ministry that comes through recognizing, developing and using the gifts with which we have been individually blessed.
- We value our Presbyterian roots and rich traditions of Knox Church, Oakville.